Reatile Moalusi is a 33 year old, born and raised in Johannesburg South Africa. He completed his studies at Tshwane University of Technology where he graduated
with a National Diploma in Photography class of 2013. Reatile currently resides in Johannesburg, which is where most of his photography happens. I use photography to bring awareness to a variety of social issues that are in and around Gauteng.
Africans and people of colour have been faced with a challenge regarding identity and beauty. With regards to identity, these challenges can range from a variety of factors such as space - as in being distant from the source and lack of knowledge of own history. With respect to beauty, the standard measures of beauty tend to place black people and people of colour at the periphery.
- North West University Gallery, Urban Impressions
- Dead Bunny Society, Hookup Exhibition, JHB Art week
- Trent Gallery, ‘the other” group exhibition
- Lizamore & Associates Gallery, New voices group exhibition
- FNB Joburg art Fair, Rooke & Van Wyk Gallery
- Exposure Gallery, African Film Collectives
- Spin street exhibition, new B&W Photography, Group exhibition